To stay safe online, especially when using BankFive's Online Banking platform, consider these tips:
- Never reveal your password to anyone or leave your password in an easily accessible place where someone else can obtain and use it.
- Set a strong, unique password and change it on a regular basis.
- Only work on a device you trust. Ensure that your security software, browser, and operating system are up-to-date, and be sure to only access Online Banking from a secure internet connection. Never conduct your banking business on public computers, or via a public Wi-Fi network.
- Be aware of shoulder surfing. If you’re accessing Online Banking in a public place such as a coffee shop, airport, or library, be vigilant and aware of prying eyes that could be looking to uncover your login credentials or sensitive account information.
- Be sure to fully log out of your Online Banking session. Do not rely on your browser’s “Back” button to exit the site.
- Use Online Banking to review your accounts on a regular basis, and report any suspicious transactions or activity immediately by calling us at 774-888-6100.