BankFive has identified activities in which individuals are sent fraudulent text messages and e-mails that request certain personal data such as account numbers, Social Security Numbers, Online Banking user names, and passwords. These communications usually state that there is a need to update your information or that there is a problem with your account. They will then direct you to a link to update your personal information.
If you receive such a message, DO NOT PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
As a reminder to our customers, BankFive will never ask you for personal information online, via email or by text message. If you ever receive a message where this information is requested, DO NOT GIVE OUT THIS INFORMATION.
As a reminder to all BankFive customers, BankFive and its affiliates will never call to request your account number or ATM/Debit Card PIN number. If you ever receive a call requesting your personal account information, please do not disclose the information and immediately contact BankFive's Customer Contact Center at 774-888-6100 to notify us of the situation.
Please be aware, that several customers have received a solicitation regarding mortgage insurance from Mortgage Protection Insurance Services. While the mailing may look like it is from or associated with BankFive, Mortgage Protection Insurance Services is in no way affiliated with BankFive. Their disclosure indicates that the information regarding the mortgage was gathered from public records.
At BankFive, the security of your information is a top priority. Despite our best efforts to protect our customers’ information, breaches can occur at the point of sale, which was the case with the newsworthy breaches at Home Depot, Kmart, and Target over the past few years. Any time we learn of a data breach such as these, we take action immediately, alerting affected customers and reissuing affected cards. BankFive will continue to work with the card networks, law enforcement, and industry associations to understand the scope of such breaches and take the best course of action to protect our customers.
BankFive Security Response Team
If you receive any suspicious mail, emails, text messages, or phone calls purporting to be BankFive asking for your account or personal information, please contact us immediately at 774-888-6100 or toll free at 1-800-679-4420. Our Security Response team will review the messages, verify that they were not sent by BankFive, and help you to determine if your information has been compromised.
What we are doing:
We continually take a variety of steps to protect your sensitive personal information and accounts, including:
What you should do:
- Monitoring accounts for indications of suspicious activity
- Blocking and reissuing cards for affected accountholders
- Reimbursing customers for confirmed fraudulent transactions
Consider these recommendations to verify the security of your personal information and account data:
- Check your account for suspicious activity- review your account statements and transactions, and alert us if you notice anything amiss.
- Enroll in alerts through Online Banking to warn of suspicious activity on your accounts.
- If you have reason to suspect fraud, contact BankFive immediately by phone, by secure email within your Online Banking account, or in-person at any of our branch locations.
This American Bankers Association infographic explores cybersecurity and data breaches, outlining three main topics of interest for BankFive customers:
- Statistics about banks and security breaches
- What consumers think about data breaches
- What banks are doing to protect customers from breaches and cyber threats